Google+ Littlegreenshed - UK Lifestyle Blog: Friends who you haven't met... Google+ -->

Friends who you haven't met...


I have been doing this blogging lark for 4 years now.  Four years next month.  Over this time I have made some wonderful connections, mainly on-line, such this is the nature of this blogging thing.  From very early on, I made good friends with Fran (Mrs Eliot Books), knowing we had a similar sense of humour, outlook and creative mind.  I've been lucky to meet this wonderful woman on many occasions, all brief, all too far apart.  

So when Fran suggested meeting a wider circle of blogger friends we all jumped at the chance.  Most of the people in London yesterday I have had many 'conversations' with on-line over the years and much admiration of their work and creativity.  Even so, meeting your peers is everso nerve wracking.  In fact, sitting at the table in the Italian restaurant I whispered to Fran 'I feel a little star struck!'.


There on my table sat witty, talented, creative intelligent women, all nattering away like old friends.  Drinking red wine, laughing at stories, sharing deep secrets and bonding.  It was the best kind of day.

You are all pretty awesome... and let's make a date to meet up in a late Spring.  My patch please!

Yesterday I was with:  Xanthe / Camilla / Fran / Flo / Eloise / Rachel & Jen.  

(these are the only photos I took.  Both on instagram, both in the stunning Persephone Books on Lambs Conduit Street).

14 comments:

  1. It was such a wonderful day. Must definitely do it again soon! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always a little strange when virtual and real life collide. Sounds pretty wonderful, I'd love to meet some of my blogging buddies one day too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I enjoy the connecting with people all over the world more than anything when it comes to blogging! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely! Sounds like a great day out! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on almost four years of blogging Lou. I'm fairly new to it, so I'm very impressed. Glad you had such a good time in London.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a brilliant day out with lots of lovely ladies (and v jealous of the persephone books visit!) I'd love to meet my blogging pals x

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely ... sounds like you all had a wonderful time ... and the Persephone bookshop ... a great day I imagine ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, you must have had a fantastic day. Such a great bunch of ladies! Meeting blogging friends in real life is awesome. Some of my closest friends now have been met through blogging. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lou I'm def coming down in the Spring. Can try and get Flora and Kerry to meet somewhere around your patch (ooh err mrs) or even if it's just me! Would love to make more of an effort this year to get around the country and visit people. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. How lovely, its so great to meet 'internet' friends in the real world!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Count me in! I have a Network railcard and I'm not afraid to use it :)

    Would love to do Bristol, or Bath or anywhere else that you recommend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Count me in! I have a Network railcard and I'm not afraid to use it :)

    Would love to do Bristol, or Bath or anywhere else that you recommend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww this sounds like such a lovely day! I must admit, I was pretty star struck when I first met you in the shop! I would love to meet up soon, I miss Bristol (sob!) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey lovely! Great to chat briefly... next time we need to move around the table every so often! I'd love to come and hang out again... count me in. (I didn't take any photos either) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for leaving a comment... I love to hear from you. Have a great day! Lou x